Mrs. Scadlock- All work and lots of Smiles

Back to Article
Back to Article

"This picture shows who I am because I have lots of work to do but I still smile" Nicole Scadlock says

Shahab Khan

Shahab Khan

Shahab Khan

Shahab Khan, Writer

Nicole Rich Scadlock is an IEP director here at DaVinci Academy. She was born in Ogden, Utah but 48 hours after birth she moved to Missouri due to her father being in the military.

“I didn’t hate moving, I had a friend who basically moved with me because her father was in the military as well. They would arrive either one month before or after me,” said Mrs. Scadlock.  She now has four kids, three of whom have graduated high school.

She was a stay at home mom for 12 years and she also managed a sports store. She later became a tutor and started to help kids.  Mrs. Scadlock found her love of helping kids when she was a tutor for math until DaVinci came to her in need of a new math teacher. Then, the following year she became the IEP director so she could helpe even more.

“I love working with and watching the kids I help succeed and learn. I want to have all my students graduate from high school and go to college,” she said.

Fun Fact: Mrs. Scadlock has lived in 11 different states!