DaVinci's Notebook

Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Wiliam Bachman, Reporter

Chad Clark, the gym coach at DaVinci Academy, has taught here at DaVinci for 9 years. He was born in Puyallup Washington and graduated from Western Washington University.

Coach has taught physical education for 11 years. He chose physical education because he has been an athlete all his life and has always been interested in health. His life goals are to be financially comfortable and have a happy family when asked about them his response is “I’m livin’ them”.

Coach Clark’s hobbies include golf and flying RC planes. He enjoys RC planes because he’s always wanted to fly real planes. His favorite genre of music is hip hop and his dream car is the Saleen Mustang. In high school, he played several sports including basketball,  baseball and track but his favorite was football.

In Clark’s football career he played for several teams. In high school he played for The Manson high school Trojans, he is very proud of what the team accomplished. Later in life coach played in college in the Wenatachee Valley College Knights. After that he played for the Vikings semi-pro, the Utah Catzz “pro and or”, and the Utah Blue Devils. Later he was thought to play for the Sea Hawks but he did not the common misconception actually is that he played for the Everett Hawks. So people took this and made it sound like he played for the Sea Hawks but he never did. Although, he did not play for the Sea Hawks he enjoyed his time on the Everett Hawks.

Coach Clark has a family of three his beautiful wife and two adorable children (a son and daughter). He says that if he had not chose to be a teacher he would have gone pro in football or, became a construction worker. Coach Clark loves having an impact on his students no matter how big or small as long as it exists.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream”

1. Porshai Nielsen on January 14th, 2016 2:03 PM

I thought that this was a great article, and Clark definitely deserves this recognition for all the hard work he puts into our athletic department. It’s nice to learn what Clark would’ve done if he hadn’t became a teacher. You portrayed coach exactly how he should be portrayed. You should definitely show him this article if he hasn’t already seen it, because it’s great and I’m sure he’d love to read it.

2. Isabell Vasquez-Echols on February 1st, 2016 12:42 PM

This is a great article! Coach Clark is one of my favorite teachers at DaVinci and I enjoyed learning more about him.

3. Veronica Sanchez on February 18th, 2016 2:45 PM

This article was really great and informative on some of DaVincis favorite teachers. I think there should be more articles about teachers, because it’s good to get closer to your teacher. Not just because you want to, because then you could have a sure-fire teacher to write a recommendation. Just a suggestion, but really cool.

4. Junaid Naveed on March 1st, 2016 2:07 PM

We have a whole section dedicated to teacher profiles and have been adding them since we starting this online site. Back in September, we assigned students two or three teachers to do a feature on but some left the class while others focused on other newspaper articles.

I will address the issue to the class once we are complete with yearbook and everyone is focused on newspaper, but thanks for bringing up the issue. We will try our best to do an article on every faculty members, while updating and improving those already published.

5. Alex N. on March 24th, 2016 10:03 PM

Clark has done so much for our school and I’m glad that he choose to become an athletic teacher and support many students/ players have a great experience. This article does a fantastic job in portraying his back round, but I’d love to know how or what inspired him to come out to Utah and teach. What brought him to Da Vinci and why he continues to stay?

Responsible comments are welcome. Comments are moderated.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Teacher Feature

Mrs. McLaughin – One of DaVinci’s Newest and Brightest

• Out of the Can

• Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Student LIfe

Finals-Week: A Week of Stressing

• Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Out of the Can

Anthony Medellin

• Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Out of the Can

Alyssa Griego