Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Clark Livin’ the Dream

Wiliam Bachman, Reporter

Chad Clark, the gym coach at DaVinci Academy, has taught here at DaVinci for 9 years. He was born in Puyallup Washington and graduated from Western Washington University.

Coach has taught physical education for 11 years. He chose physical education because he has been an athlete all his life and has always been interested in health. His life goals are to be financially comfortable and have a happy family when asked about them his response is “I’m livin’ them”.

Coach Clark’s hobbies include golf and flying RC planes. He enjoys RC planes because he’s always wanted to fly real planes. His favorite genre of music is hip hop and his dream car is the Saleen Mustang. In high school, he played several sports including basketball,  baseball and track but his favorite was football.

In Clark’s football career he played for several teams. In high school he played for The Manson high school Trojans, he is very proud of what the team accomplished. Later in life coach played in college in the Wenatachee Valley College Knights. After that he played for the Vikings semi-pro, the Utah Catzz “pro and or”, and the Utah Blue Devils. Later he was thought to play for the Sea Hawks but he did not the common misconception actually is that he played for the Everett Hawks. So people took this and made it sound like he played for the Sea Hawks but he never did. Although, he did not play for the Sea Hawks he enjoyed his time on the Everett Hawks.

Coach Clark has a family of three his beautiful wife and two adorable children (a son and daughter). He says that if he had not chose to be a teacher he would have gone pro in football or, became a construction worker. Coach Clark loves having an impact on his students no matter how big or small as long as it exists.