DaVinci's Notebook

A Very DaVinci Halloween

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Very DaVinci Halloween

Charla Eller, Reporter

Halloween, the season for scares, pranks, and the one time you can dress up as whatever you want and not be judged. It is a time for everyone to go out with friends and get candy for free from strangers. It is also a time to watch scary movies and then proceed to spook your friend by reenacting the horror movie you just watched.

Here at DaVinci we celebrate by decorating the halls, wearing our costumes on Halloween and having a huge assembly that everyone takes part in.  We also have a Halloween stomp that is held in the Black Box theater. The students can come in either a costume or not, but with one is a better price.

One of our students, Daisy Howe, said her favorite part of Halloween was the candy. And when asked the question what is your favorite thing to do on halloween she responded with, “Carving pumpkins or dressing up but I’m pretty torn between the two.” This is just one of the many examples of our Halloween loving students.  

Even our staff gets involved. Ms. Feliciana Lopez, a language teacher here at DaVinci, Said. “ I have to say my favorite part of Halloween is candy corn and going to corn mazes.” She also said that her favorite thing to do on Halloween was to take her nieces and nephews trick-or-treating.

Both our staff and student body love this holiday. It’s a day we can have fun and dress up and all feel equal. Halloween is a time to enjoy and that is just what we do here at DaVinci Academy.